Our Products - What's the Difference?
- Free Range Eggs are laid by hens that:
- had regular and meaningful access to an outdoor range during daylight hours during the laying cycle.
- were able to roam and forage on the outdoor range; and
- were subject to a stocking density of 10,000 hens per hectare or less
- The stocking density on the Pure Foods outdoor ranges is a maximum of 10,000 hens per hectare (the equivalent to 1 hen per square metre)
- Birds in barn systems are free to roam within a shed which may have vertical levels.
- The floor may be based on litter and/or other material such as slats or wire mesh.
- Birds in cage systems are continuously housed in cages within a shed.